How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28862
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a couple questions... I am a Canadian student in the

This answer was rated:

I have a couple questions... I am a Canadian student in the USA. I first arrived on a j-1 but changed my status to an f-1. I am now adjusting my status to a greencard holder because I married a USC. I was wondering on the form I-485 part 3 a. They ask for my nonimmigrant visa number is XXXXX my i-94? Also they ask my which consulate I recieved it and the date. I do not know what to put for any of these.. Thank you so much in advance for your help!!

Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

No it is not your I-94 #. Canadians are visa exempt.

You would put "exempt" in place of a visa number.

You will put "N/A" for the consulate and date.

Canadians and Bermudians are the only ones visa exempt and it is confusing.


Judith Ludwic and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you do much! I assume for the date visa was issued is also "n/a".

Related Immigration Law Questions