How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109324
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello again. To refresh the scenario. The friend and his

This answer was rated:

Hello again. To refresh the scenario. The friend and his wife WERE successful in the INTERVIEW process and have made their first entrance to US. Now the wait is for the "green cards"...How long does that typically take. Because of his work, it is becoming extremely difficult to travel, because he cannot travel without her until he has the actual "green card" in hand.
Hello again. It usually takes 2 to 6 weeks to get the green card in the mail. If he needs to travel before that, then they can go to and make an appointment to speak to an immigration officer and maybe get a temp Residency stamp in their passport. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HE ALREADY HAS A TEMP stamp in his Passport, however, it specifically states he cannot travel WITHOUT her... which means that HIS COMPANY pays his ticket to come up as per usual to work...IT IS/WAS legal as he was not WORKING for a US company here, he was here using facilities at a training centre training employees....

but now because of said stamp in passport he now has to buy ticket for her to come with him to enter US...they were seen/admitted July 2, and still no green card

I would do the same thing. Make the Infopass appointment to BOTH see what is the delay with the green card AND to get a new stamp that does not say that she has to travel with him.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can he actually DO that?? Get a stamp to say that??

1. If so, why did the original one say that in the first place

2. Does that process usually take as long as waiting for the dam green card?? (lol)

And Thanks

Yes. It is possible. In fact, the normal stamp wouldn't say anything like that. And no, they should be able to get the stamp right at that Infopass meeting.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK.. so he and she will travel again to US September 2nd. Currently

they are back in their original country.... I clicked on the info pass for that country and

here were my choices...

You need information or other services

You need a form.

Submit Form I-601


when I clicked on info or other servies... was immediately shown there are NO appointments available in that area...


NOW comes my other question.

If they are both re-entering US via MIAMI on September 2 or 3,


OR, they are continuing on to ORLANDO area, try to get an info pass appointment in ORLANDO????


Thank you

HELLO!!!! I submitted, above.....but it seems like it is taking longer than usual to reply...

The Infopass they are supposed to do inside the U.S. So the appointment should be in the U.S. So try again. And yes, they can ask the officer at the port of entry to review the stamp, but they may either decline to do anything about it or they may not have the authority.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you