How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 29006
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, My mother (green card holder) filed an i-130 petition

This answer was rated:


My mother (green card holder) filed an i-130 petition for my unmarried brother (he is over 21 years old). The petition was filed on November 2008 (so almost 5 years have already elapsed).

However, my brother who lives in Saudi Arabia now has lost his job and there is a possibility that he will not be able to reside in Saudi Arabia anymore. Saudi authorities will have to departure him back to Syria (hometown) if he doesn't find an employer to sponsor him.

However, as you know, Syria is currently witnessing a very fierce civil war and it is extremely dangerous to go back there. I was wondering, if my brother's case falls under USCIS expedite criteria (extreme emergent situation or humanitarian situation)? Can we request an expedite for my brother's case based on his circumstances?


Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

I so truly understand. I am helping my friend try to convince his parents to leave Syria and fly out now rather than waiting until their book flight on the 12th.

His priority date cannot be expedited and but he can apply for humanitarian parole to enter temporarily. The parole can be extended on a yearly basis until his priority date is current.



Judith Ludwic and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you