How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28862
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am holding H1B currently and want to apply for green card

This answer was rated:

I am holding H1B currently and want to apply for green card soon. Does my current status allow me to invest in a small local business (~20% share) and receive K1 form for tax purposes? I am not going to run the business or involve in any decision-making processes.

Hello,my name isXXXXX you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with K1income report of partner's share of income. It has nothing to do with providing the partnership with productive services.

It would be similar to receiving a 1099 for royalty payments, interest income, etc

It is not a problem with your H1B status.



Judith Ludwic and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you