How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108708
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I came here on a Esta Visa and need to leave the country on

This answer was rated:

I came here on a Esta Visa and need to leave the country on the 27th of August. I came here with the intension of helping my cousin finish his building his house. to which I done thus far. I have since met someone who I wish to eventually live in the US permanently with. I would like to return to US as soon as possible. What are my options as I dont qualify for a B2 Visa, is a Esta Visa the best option for now and what are my chances of getting past the border within such a short time scale?

Thanks in advance
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

So marrying now is not a possibility, correct? If not, how long do you plan to be outside of the U.S.? And you plan to return to England this trip?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


No not at this time as you can appreciate its very short time to enter into marrage. I intend on returning in two weeks time.



Sorry for the delay. It is a little late and I am getting ready to go out for dinner. The problem is that you are supposed to be spending more time outside of the U.S. than inside of the U.S. You may be able to get away with it one more time without staying out a long time staying out. The idea is that you are supposed to stay out longer than you stay in. So if you are going to try this once (I don't recommend trying it again after this for awhile), make sure you have with you evidence of your return trip, why you are coming back so soon, what you need to do this trip (do not mention a girlfriend, do not lie but do not volunteer information on her), proof that you have enough money since you are not allowed to work in the U.S., and evidence of your strong ties to the UK. The ESTA right now is your best chance because if you apply for a B-2, there is a chance of denial. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions