How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28811
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi my name isXXXXX came to the United States when I

This answer was rated:

Hi my name isXXXXX came to the United States when I was 15 (In Sept 15,2008) now I'm 20 years old (so in Sept 15, 2013 will be 5 years). I finished High School so I have GED diploma. I'm currently in community college. I didn't have any problem with law. So do I qualify for any program to get legalized? I just want to work legally and apply for a scholarship. If so, what I have to do? Thank You.

Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

Yes, you should be eligible for Deferred Action

You may request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals if

  1. Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;

  2. Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;

  3. Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to
    the present time;

  4. Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the
    time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with

  5. Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration
    status expired as of June 15, 2012;

  6. Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of
    completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED)
    certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed
    Forces of the United States; and

  7. Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more
    other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or
    public safety.


Age Requirements


Anyone requesting consideration for deferred action under this process must
have been under 31 years old as of June 15, 2012. You must also be at least 15
years or older to request deferred action.


Here is the link to the form I-812D; I-764; G-1145




Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I have to pay taxes to get accepted? I hear that paying taxes is one of the requirements.

How I actually can do that? I do not have any IRS number or anything like that.

Paying back taxes is not required for deferred action.

What you are hearing is what is required under the new proposed immigration reform law.


Judith Ludwic and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You so much! You're a great expert!