Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My friend in Italy went to an interview for a B2 visa to come

My friend in Italy went to an interview for a B2 visa to come to the US to care for her sister who has stage 4 malignant brain cancer. They didn't give her one, citing article 221 (g). The official wants to see proof of income for her husband - as I understand it - to ensure there is enough to support the trip. But other friends/relatives will be supporting the trip financially so there would in fact be no problem. We plan to fax the husband's financial information to immigration pursuant to their request, but what if her visa is denied due to insufficiency of his income? Again, its not his money anyway that she will travel on. Immigration seems to be focusing on the wrong thing. How can we overcome this? Thanks.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Unfortunately, they can focus on anything they want. They just may not believe her intent to go back home when she is done with her trip. But that's ok. If they have asked for financial documents from the husband, then provide them. And then any other financial sponsors can fill out an I-134 for her and you can submit that along with the husband's documents. Here is a link to the I-134:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=fe3647a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Also, here is a link to a good article that you can read:

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2009,0528-schwartz.shtm

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!