Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I-129F Request for Evidence letter i received a RFE letter

I-129F Request for Evidence letter

i received a RFE letter asking the following:
INTENT TO MARRY: Provide original statements from the petitioner and beneficiary indicating that they plan to marry each other within 90 days of the beneficiary's admission in the US. If a joint statement is made by both the the petitioner and the beneficiary, signatures of both parties are required.

My fiancee is in the Philippines, how do I proceed to satisfy these people?

Thank you for using this service. I'll do my best to answer your questions as completely and honestly as I can. All I ask in return is that you give me a positive rating for my customer service. This is the only way I get credit for assisting you. If you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further. Please remember that the law sometimes does not have a satisfactory solution for your issue; unfortunately, this is something I cannot control.

I am here to help you, however I have a clarification question for you...

Did you provide anything like this with your initial filing of the petition?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i must have missed this question, or realize it was a question on the I-129f form. So what is the best way to proceed? Signed and Notarized

statements from both of us

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the information.

Rest assured that you did not miss it on the form, but it is a separate document that each of your should have provided, as part of the petition packet. No big issue, though, as they've given you an opportunity to fix this deficiency in the petition.

It is a very simple fix, actually. All you and she have to do is prepare a statement/letter with a very simple sentence or two. For example:

"This letter serves as my declaration of intent to marry my fiance, XXXX XXXX.

I, XXX XXXX, do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry XXX XXXXXX, and intend to do so within 90 days of her arrival into the US with her K-1 Fiance visa."

Pretty simple and straightforward.

I hope I have answered your questions. Keep in mind that I only get credit for my work if you rate me positively. If you're satisfied with my answer and my professionalism - not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control - please select a top-three rating. Again, if you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further. Remember that the bottom two negative ratings are used for Experts or professionals who are rude and/or bad at their job, and I'm confident you'll find me to be professional and truthful with you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, you can write "FOR LONGHORN" at the beginning of your question, or go directly to my question page here: Ask Longhorn Lawyer

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not fully answered yet. Does my fiancee in the philippines need to do the same and should our signatures be notarized?

Dan,

Sorry for the delay. I was signed out of the system at the time you responded. This happens from time to time. My apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Each of you needs to write a separate statement, similar to the example I sent you. It must be signed by each of you, but does not have to be notarized. I know it sounds too easy to be true, but it really is that simple. I do these all the time for my private practice clients.

Thank you!