Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I was holding, my Mothers Naturalization Certificate, it got

lost due to the Sandy...
I was holding, my Mothers Naturalization Certificate, it got lost due to the Sandy Hurricane, that destroyed part of my House.

Now I am filing for my Mother an N-565 Form to replace the Naturalization Certificate, however I have only the Certificate number, not the place of Court were it was issued and date.

Were can I get that information?
7/30/2013
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

It would be the place that she was living at when she obtained her U.S. Citizenship. If you can remember the city and state where she went to for the oath ceremony, that would be more than enough. If you do not remember exactly and she does not remember either, then just put the state. With the state and even just with the certificate number, that should be enough.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.

Guillermo:

Thank you.

How about with the Date when she obtained her Citizenship?

BTW: I will give you an excellent feedback.

Thank you so much. Get as close to the date as possible, maybe just month and year. Really the most important is the certificate number. They ask for all of that other stuff just to check and often as other information because it is more common for someone to remember the date and location than the certificate number and they don't have the certificate number available. So by having that number available, the other information is not really that important.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.