How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28862
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

will registering for marriage license and apply for marriage

This answer was rated:

will registering for marriage license and apply for marriage certificate at harris trigger an arrest of a out of status tourist based on inadmissibility
Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.
No, absolutely not.
The country clerk who issues a marriage license has no police powers and had no interest in calling the law enforcement or ICE on the couple.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how about filing a parental acknowledgment infront of the family judge or trying to add father name on birth certificate of child

That is totally different from an undocumented person filing for a marriage license before a country clerk.
Once you get into court you are under the jurisdiction of law enforcement.
You need to discuss this with a family law expert and what the procedure is there in Harris Country in the court room.
A county clerk at the marriage bureau is a long way from a court room.

Judith Ludwic and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions