How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108981
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iam agreen card holder through marriage.l have my young son

This answer was rated:

Iam agreen card holder through marriage.l have my young son aging 5yrs old,and he is disabled(down syndrom)which needs much of attention.can i go bring him with me from my foreign country?if 'yes'what are correct ways?and if the answer is 'no'how can i help it.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

What country are you from? What country was he born in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we are both from Africa (Tanzania).
The process generally takes about a year for you to file the I-130 for your child and bring him to the U.S. In other words, the process isn't just that you can go there and bring him back with you. At least not immediately. Here is a link to the process:

Your son's condition is serious, but it is not an emergency condition. However, you can try two things:

1) Try to expedite the process and here is a link on how to do that:

2) You can apply for a Humanitarian Parole to bring him quicker to the U.S. and just do Adjustment of Status to Residency while in the U.S. Here is a link:

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thx alot!God bless you.
You are very welcome. Good luck to you!

Related Immigration Law Questions