Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am resident and wait decision (letter) about my citizenship.

I am resident and wait decision (letter) about my citizenship. I had interview in May. I passed exams, but officer didn't get decision in my case. The reason is I was out of US more 16 days than 6months in one period. I thought I prove my connection with US and gave some docs, but she asked me about bill statement which I should bring after her letter. Now I wait this letter. If you have practices in the same situation, how long will I wait? Will I have positive result? May I go to vacation overseas?
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

So you mean you do not have a decision yet? And what evidence did you provide to show that you were not abandoning your Residency during that time?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I gave Tax Return for that year, College reference where I took classes for that period. And I gave medical certificate which shows why I was longer out of US.

That should be enough. Unfortunately, you will need to wait to see their response. If it is a negative one, you should have the possibility to give them more evidence like bank statements in the U.S. during that time, proof that you were still paying U.S. bills during that time, were maintaining a U.S. drivers license during that time, etc. But for now, all you can do is wait and see what happens. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think the same. May I call to USCIS to ask about my case or it doesn't work?

It won't help, but you can call and you can even make an appointment to check the status by going to http://infopass.uscis.gov. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.