Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I have a reentry permit expiring in nov , i want to renew the

same For that I will...
I have a reentry permit expiring in nov , i want to renew the same
For that I will have to submit back the current one
So I will not be able to travel in and out of usa
What's the solution
7/27/2013
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

In regards XXXXX XXXXX Re-Entry Permit, when do you plan to come back into the U.S. after you leave? Also, how long do you plan to be in the U.S. after you enter the U.S.?

I intend to travel in and out of USA almost every week as have business in Toronto
Currently with my te entry permits the immigration is smooth , but when I submit to extension , then obviously I will not be able to use it
So what's the alternative
Then you just need your green card to travel in and out. What you will need to do is when you are in the U.S., you file the I-131. Then you should wait for the fingerprint appointment to get your fingerprints done. Then you can leave again. Can you leave before you take your fingerprints? I have not seen it done but I do not believe that it has the same restriction as when you apply for the Advance Parole. I do not believe that the I-131 for the Re-Entry Permit would be abandoned when you leave while it is pending. So it is possible for you to come back to have your fingerprints taken. If you can try to have it filed, expedited, and have your fingerprints taken before you leave again, that would be best. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.