How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108665
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a reentry permit expiring in nov , i want to renew the

This answer was rated:

I have a reentry permit expiring in nov , i want to renew the same
For that I will have to submit back the current one
So I will not be able to travel in and out of usa
What's the solution

Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.



In regards XXXXX XXXXX Re-Entry Permit, when do you plan to come back into the U.S. after you leave? Also, how long do you plan to be in the U.S. after you enter the U.S.?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I intend to travel in and out of USA almost every week as have business in Toronto
Currently with my te entry permits the immigration is smooth , but when I submit to extension , then obviously I will not be able to use it
So what's the alternative
Then you just need your green card to travel in and out. What you will need to do is when you are in the U.S., you file the I-131. Then you should wait for the fingerprint appointment to get your fingerprints done. Then you can leave again. Can you leave before you take your fingerprints? I have not seen it done but I do not believe that it has the same restriction as when you apply for the Advance Parole. I do not believe that the I-131 for the Re-Entry Permit would be abandoned when you leave while it is pending. So it is possible for you to come back to have your fingerprints taken. If you can try to have it filed, expedited, and have your fingerprints taken before you leave again, that would be best. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions