Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

hi,i came to america in 1992 and became an american citizen

Customer Question
can you help me to...
hi,i came to america in 1992 and became an american citizen can you help me to get a lawyer to help me with getting my dual citezenchip in belguim i dont know where to start i was born in belguim and live in plantation florida thank you
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/27/2013
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 4 years ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

If you were born in Belgium, why wouldn't you still be a citizen of Belgium? Does Belgium law require you to lose if it you obtain U.S. Citizenship?

when i became american citizen belguim didnt had dual citezenchip yet,they just started this 5 or 6 years ago

Ok. Then I need to transfer your question to our European Law forum so someone can help you there.
Immigration Lawyer: Wendy-Mod,
 replied 4 years ago
Wendy-Mod

I’m Wendy, and I’m moderator for this Legal topic. Your question has been moved to our European Law category. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Immigration Lawyer: Italian_Lawyer, Immigration Attorney replied 4 years ago
Italian_Lawyer
Italian_Lawyer, Immigration Attorney
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

Here there are the contacts of experienced nationality lawyers in Belgium:

Pascal Vanwelde http://www.dayez.be/pascal_vanwelde.html

Maia Grinberg http://www.barreaudebruxelles.be/scripts-recherche/DetailsAnnuaire_n.php?ID=B0063507

Vanessa Sedziejewski http://www.barreaudebruxelles.be/scripts-recherche/DetailsAnnuaire_n.php?ID=B0063505

NGO Objectif asbl (Guide to Belgian nationality) http://www.allrights.be/objectif/guide-pratique

They also provide a free advice helpline: http://www.guidecass.be/spip.php?page=organisation_annuaire&id=67&organisation_id=67&lang=fr

I hope this answers your question. If you are happy with my answer please do not hesitate to rate it positively otherwise I do not get compensation for my time. I will then be available to answer all your follow-up questions.

A bonus is very much appreciated.

Best,

Tiziana
Italian_Lawyer
Italian_Lawyer
Italian_Lawyer, Immigration Attorney