How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12304
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I petitioned for my daughter abroad to join me here in US.

This answer was rated:

I petitioned for my daughter abroad to join me here in US. We were required to do DNA paternity testing. The result came out 0 matching. meaning she is not my biological daughter and she was denied visa at the embassy. please should I do since she is my daughter and i want to bring her hear with me?
Thank you for using this service. I'll do my best to answer your questions as completely and honestly as I can. All I ask in return is that you give me a positive rating for my customer service. This is the only way I get credit for assisting you. If you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further. Please remember that the law sometimes does not have a satisfactory solution for your issue; unfortunately, this is something I cannot control.

How is it possible that she is your daughter if the DNA came back as a zero match?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we are bonded as father and daughter. she has no one to take care of her if refuse responsibility because of he result. This is why i will like to continue to be his father even though it not biological

Unfortunately, I do not have very good news to share. I always try to come up with a good solution, but sometimes, the laws do not have a good solution for every situation. Unfortunately, I cannot change that. I am only here as an information source, so please do not hold bad news against me by giving me a negative rating.

You cannot sponsor her based on a "bond." The law does not provide that option. You have to have a relationship that is recognized by the law, where she is considered your child. Just saying she has nobody will not work for US immigration sponsorship.

In this case, you either have to marry her mother before she turns 18, so that you become her step-father, or you have to adopt the child before she is 16 years old. If she is not your blood child, these are your only options to sponsor her and bring her to the US.

I'm very sorry. I wish there was another option, but the law does not let a person sponsor another person based on a bond, if there is no legal basis for the father/child relationship. It is not something I am just telling, that is the law and it is something I cannot control or change.

I hope I have answered your questions. Keep in mind that I only get credit for my work if you rate me positively. If you're satisfied with my answer and my professionalism - not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control - please select a top-three rating. Again, if you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further. Remember that the bottom two negative ratings are used for Experts or professionals who are rude and/or bad at their job, and I'm confident you'll find me to be professional and truthful with you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, you can write "FOR LONGHORN" at the beginning of your question, or go directly to my question page here: Ask Longhorn Lawyer

Thank you!
Expert James and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you