How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28998
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Filed for removal of condition in 2010. immigration was backed

This answer was rated:

Filed for removal of condition in 2010. immigration was backed up . i scheduled for interview feb 2013, and filed for divorce march 2012.received denial letter march 3 2013 and letter of deportation proceeding to commence on a set date.i have not received the letter with date yet 7/26/13 .I-551 stamp extended to June 2014...i filed for a divorce cus i was being abused. i presently am engaged but not sure if my remarrying would in any way affect this problem .please now that i have a letter of deportation, please what do i do?

Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

What evidence of abuse do you have?

Police report? Medical report? Witnesses? Photos of injuries?



Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i dont have pictures of injuries. i wanted to get the police report of the 911 call made that day but was told after a year they exponge. i have bank statements showing the joint account was closed due to overdraft, purchase of alchohol. (he drinks aot), letter from church showing we are members of the church,and of the choir, pictures of family vacation we went twice while married, car insurance in our name,utility bills in our names, bank statements in our names, tax returns we filed jointly, pictures we took when his 3kids from another lady came around to the house.

What about witnesses to the abuse, did you tell anyone about it?


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes i did. three people. one is outside the US while the other two live in the US. One was my neighbour.

Will they give you affidavits about your discussions with them about the drinking and abuse?
Did your neighbor see the police car at the house when you made the 911 call?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

they will..


it was at night and am not sure if she saw the police car because we do off street parking

Do you have a lawyer?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i think i should clarify this: i actually dint make the 911 call, he was drunk and had hit me and pushed me, in self defence i picked a stick ,he ran into the bathroom, locked himself up and dialled 911. the police came,assessed the situation, saw he was very drunk, empty bottles, the police told him to leave the house.


Yes i just got a lawyer. but i need to advice from here

I'm glad you got a lawyer.

I think you stand a good chance of having the judge approve the I-751 based on the good faith marriage and reverse USCIS.

Every judge is different and has a reputation on how they treat these types of cases. That is why you need to have a lawyer who knows how this court rules in cases like yours because if you can win based on your own it would be better than to marry and have that complicate your own good case.

You need to trust the advice your lawyer is giving you. That is why you are paying them. they know that court better than I can speculate.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you think my remarrying now will pose a problem?

Honestly, now that you have a lawyer you need to turn to them and trust them. It would be unethical for me to give an opinion in the situation you are in. You are before a judge to be removed, you need a lawyer to advise you. I cannot do that.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i understand ...i just want to know what the law says

It is all how the judge looks at it.

That is why the lawyer who knows those judges and that court needs to advise you.


Judith Ludwic and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you