Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have change my lawyer but he didnt get the case yet its

I have change my lawyer but he didn't get the case yet it's like more two months now is that possible please can u tell me how long it to take when some one change a lawyer to transfer a case
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I am sorry that you are having difficulty. If I may ask, what type of case is this? Who is holding the case information, the previous attorney? If that is correct, why is the attorney holding the case notes, do you owe that attorney money for past representation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your follow-up.

Please allow me to opt out and transfer your question to our immigration law section where one such profesional could assist you directly. Hold on, please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please answer my question
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

What type of immigration case is it? Is it an Asylum case? Or you are married to a U.S. Citizen? I need to know what type of immigration case it is.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I jus need to know how many days to take transfer case one to another atorney?
Well, there is a reason why I have to know what type of case it is. But because you are hestiant to tell me, I will have to give you two general answers:

1) If your case is with USCIS, then as soon as the new attorney files the G-28 with them, that's when they should register the change of attorneys.

2) If your case is with the immigration court, your new attorney would have to file an EOIR-28 with the court and a copy with the ICE Office of the Chief Counsel and as soon as both get the form the transfer should be done.

So you are looking at the new attorney receiving all new notices in regards XXXXX XXXXX case very shortly after the forms are filed.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Experience: 10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.