How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28923
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend is in the U.S. illegally. He was involved in a traffic

Customer Question

My friend is in the U.S. illegally. He was involved in a traffic accident ... long story short... is now in jail and will appear before judge in Tuesday. He has had two very bad experiences with immigration lawyers in the past 18 years. What is the best way for us to find an attorney? There are no local lawyers who specialize in immigration law.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 4 years ago.
Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.
Actually immigration hearings are most often don telephonically so you don't need to retain a local immigration lawyer. A lawyer can handle the case at a distance.
The best thing to do is to go to the "" website and look for any immigration lawyer anywhere in the US and then look for one who does deportation defense. Superlawyers are lawyers whose lawyer peers vote for them based on their reputation in the legal community as the best and brightest. They are not lawyers who pay to go on a referral list. You cannot pay to be voted a superlawyer.

Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for reviewing my answer.

I'm sorry but I must be confused. I thought you were asking how to find a lawyer for your friend since there are no local immigration lawyers.

May I ask for clarification on what your question is? I certainly don't want you to be dissatisfied and there must be some misunderstanding. I strive to provide excellent customer service and I thought your questions was clear. Obviously, I missed the point.


Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 4 years ago.
I am disappointed that you did not give me a fair opportunity to resolve any follow-up questions you have. You are probably now aware, but cutomer service is a value all experts seek to provide you and we have our reputations based on your rating.
I am asking you kindly to reconsider clarifying your question and providing me a positive rating.