Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Me and my spouse are filing for marriage adjustment of status,

he has a young child...
Me and my spouse are filing for marriage adjustment of status, he has a young child from a previous marriage who lives with his former spouse abroad, presently we do not plan for his child to move to the US. Is it necessary that me (US citizen) and him include mention of his child's name in the I-130 and I-485 ?
6/30/2013
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

Yes, it is necessary that the child be mentioned because in the future, if he ever wants to child to receive any benefit, it could be denied as they will investigate and ask why the child was not included. So answer correctly and fully in the I-130 and I-485. The I-485 even has a section where you would mark NO asking if the child is applying with him.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.