How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109300
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother got married to this woman last June and they had

Customer Question

My brother got married to this woman last June and they had traditional Hindu Wedding back in Nepal( Nov 2013). She was with my brother entire this time though she was a university student and missed her semester and exams?? He only came to know she was out of status as a student and she did a fraudulent marriage to get a permanent residency and she deceived him and entire family. In 4 days they returned to USA and woman went to Live in Boston but as far as I know universities in US start from February and they return in December! After marriage they were living separate lives and my brother went to see his beloved wife after a couple of months and she was never home. Her excuse was stress of studies from early morning to late evening! So they had an argument about a phone all from a guy( her boyfriend) and she physically abused him which he never reported. Then he left her apartment and headed to Dallas never to come back. Later,she realise her green card is at risk so she pleaded to come to Dallas,threaten him she could hurt herself if he does not care, apolozied many times but he had enough and determined not to be used as scapegoat. He filed for divorce. Then he got a call from a detective or a court employee? that his wife filed for restraining order and he would get a letter. He did not understand it fully so he left Dallas for the job and when he came back he got the second letter with one year restraining order. Now, how can he remove this restriction and if possible remove it from the records so that it does not show up on background check. Women is a fraud, phone conversations between my brother and her can be checked for the proof. Does he need to be in Boston? How often?how long? Does he need to hire a lawyer in Boston or Dallas? Do you have any recommendation for pro bono lawyer cause my brother is unemployed because of stress? What's the outcome? How can he revoke her green card?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

It isn't going to be so easy. It seems she has found out that if she can prove abuse on his part, she can get the green card that way. Other than the traditional "he said, she said", what other evidence does he have that she only married him for the green card?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no concrete proof, though he found out she has been talking this guy which can be proved from her mobile records. Secondly she never wanted to stay with him( after wedding) because she has to see her BF.Is it possible to retrieve phone conversations?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Yes, obtaining phone records is possible. But in regards to the restraining order that she filed against him, are there any police reports against him? What proof does she have of abuse?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He does not know if she reported to police of any such incident and they had a fight once and the incident never reported. She physically asaulted him in stead.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
This kind of situation really upsets me. Some people can be so desperate to be in this country that they will do anything to stay. It's rediculous. She would ruin the reputation of a man just to stay in the U.S. I hate that. What he will need to do is start collecting as much evidence as he can, phone records, emails, signed and notarized witness statements, a statement that he makes, etc. Anything and everything tha he can find and then go to and call the 866 number listed at the top right. Or he can click on that same link and file the report online. If his evidence is good and strong, she will eventually be deported PERMANENTLY. This means that even if she married a U.S. Citizen in the future for real or even if she had U.S. Citizen children, she would never be able to get Residency. Because this law is so harsh, the evidence has to be good and strong. So help him collect whatever he can against her. USCIS knows that a great deal of fraud happens in this area. They also know that sometimes the U.S. Citizen that is an abuser will invent evidence to damn the foreign spouse. So this is why the evidence has to be good and strong. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello. It looks like you are seeing my responses but you are not responding. Are you having technical difficulties? I want to make sure that you are satisfied with my responses and have a positive experience with the website and with my service. So please let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you because I will do my best. Thank you!
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your kindness. Good luck to you.