How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108688
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

applied for permanent green card in April. Went to biometric

This answer was rated:

applied for permanent green card in April. Went to biometric appt in June. Have not heard anything back yet and would like to travel out of the country. However Conditional green card expires July 10. What should we do?
Hello. Did you receive the I-797 receipt for the I-751 that you filed? When did you receive that receipt?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I received the receipt letter May 23. then they sent the biometeric letter shortly after.

Well, that receipt letter says on it that the card is extended for 12 months and allows work and travel during that time. So until May 23rd 2014, travel and work is allowed. When traveling, just take the green card and that I-797 receipt and that is all that is needed. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What happens if they need another appointment of information while we are traveling? and we miss the deadline to give it to them? We will travel for about 3 months. Should we try to inform immigration that we are traveling?

You should have someone check your mail on a regular basis. IF something comes in, you may have to have to come back to respond or you may have to hire an attorney to respond for you. But don't worry too much about that. I just received a Request For Evidence (RFE) for some clients that we also filed an I-751 for them and they have from May 6th until August 1st to reply. That's 84 days! So unless an RFE comes in your 1st week of travel, you should be ok. Hopefully it will not be an issue, but if it becomes an issue, at least you know what to do. Please do not forget to rate me positively. Since I am not paid a salary, it is the only way that I get paid. You are not charged again and I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. Thank you.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions