How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12302
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is acceptable proof of a relationship when applying for

This answer was rated:

What is acceptable proof of a relationship when applying for a fiancée visa? I know they would want to see pictures of us together, but do we need to be showing romantic affection in those pictures? Are chat logs from chat programs acceptable? e-mails? letters?
Acceptable proof includes anything that would convince a reasonable person that the relationship is real. So photos (affection is not necessary, as many cultures do not publicly show affection); letters; emails; reservations, receipts, travel documents, etc., for trips or vacations that you've taken together; proof that you've been in one anothers presence over the past two years; and chat logs, among others, are acceptable. There is no limit for the type of acceptable proof, so the more you provide, even if you think it is minor or irrelevant, the better.

I hope I have answered your questions. Keep in mind that I only get credit for my work if you rate me positively. If you're satisfied with my answer and my professionalism - not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control - please select a top-three rating. The bottom two negative ratings are reserved for Experts or professionals who are rude and/or bad at their job, and I'm confident you'll find me to always be professional and truthful with you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, you can write "FOR LONGHORN" at the beginning of your question, or go directly to my question page here: Ask Longhorn Lawyer

Thank you!
Expert James and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you