How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109314
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if a conditional green card holder lied on his application

This answer was rated:

if a conditional green card holder lied on his application and said he never worked in the U.S. but in fact he did before his marriage,( while dating his current spouse) in another state for salary that was paid under the table, will this affect the co-applicant?
Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

Having worked illegally in the U.S. is not going to get him his green card revoked. However, if it can be proven that he ONLY married her for the green card, then he can be permanently deported so that not even a real marriage to another U.S. Citizen nor even having U.S. Citizen children would save him.

18 U.S.C. § 1325(c), provides a penalty of up to five years imprisonment and up to $250,000 fine for any "individual who knowingly enters into a marriage for the purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws."

Of course this would apply to your daughter as well, but only if she was involved in the fraud.

If you believe you have enough evidence, you can make the report by going to and calling the 866 number at the top right of that page or clicking the link there.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you