How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108668
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Canadian Citizen who plans to enter the US June 2nd

This answer was rated:

I am a Canadian Citizen who plans to enter the US June 2nd on my new H1b visa. my work official start date is June 23rd, 2013. From june 7th onwards I will be participating in orientation related events. I am a medical resident (physician).

I need to travel back to canada from June 19th-22nd as I am getting married on the 22nd in Canada.

I then plan to return to the US on the 23rd of June.
My husband and I plan to travel to the bahamas from June 24th - June 29th.
My vacation time with my employer has been approved for that time that I will be away.

Will I face any issues when I leave and enter the US to go to canada and then the Bahamas as I had just entered the US on my H1b on June 2nd? I will not get any pay checks until the beginning of july.

What documents should I carry with me?
- I-797
- copy of all documents submited to USCIS
- offer letter from job stating that start date is June 23d
- copy of contract for job

anything else?


Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.


Are you asking just in regards XXXXX XXXXX or your new husband? He is Canadian? Will you be getting him an H-4? And I assume you have a valid H-1B visa stamp in your passport?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He is a US citizen, therefore none of this affects him.

Yes, my visa valid till June 2014

Then you should have no problems at all. Travel with your H-1B visa in your passport. You don't really need anything else. The H-1B is a dual intent visa. So they don't care that you married a U.S. Citizen. You can have both the intent to stay and both the intent to go home. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions