Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

hi, may sound like a dumb question but here it is. my son (us

hi, may sound like a dumb question but here it is. my son (us citizen) is petitioning for his wife and he is a student (no income), i want to be the sponsor of his wife (they both will be living with me here in the usa). question is who will be filling the I-864? just myself or do both of us need to fill one out? would appreciate any help and guidance you can provide. thanks.

Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

It is not a dumb question at all. He must fill out an I-864 even though he has no income and you would fill out an I-864 as well. You will need to submit your last income tax and W-2s, and last 3 to 6 paycheck stubs (copies) and copies of the last 3 to 6 months of bank statements.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks for your answer, so there are going to be two separate I-864 forms, what would he write in his individual income? like zero or something and for house hold income he can include my income on his form?

Yes. He would put zero and he can put in your income in household income, but you still need to submit an I-864. Some would say an I-864 for him and an I-864A for you, but I would still prefer I-864 for you as well. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.