How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109616
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a wife that used me to migrate to the US. She is still

This answer was rated:

I have a wife that used me to migrate to the US. She is still on a conditional status. We have no kids, no houses together, and no joint bank accounts. Nothing.... She was onlyh with me 8 months, went to pakistan to see her family and then comes back to US without telling me and or informing me. She went in Jan 2013 and came back to someone else sometime in Feb 2013. She threatened me in saying that "Make me my ticket and see what I am going to do you when I get back". there is another guy invo

Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.


Ok, you need to report all of this to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). You can do so by going to and either calling the 866 number there or clicking on the link on that page at the top right. Unfortunately, it will probably take awhile for them to do anything and they will most likely wait until she applies to remove the conditions on her green card when it expires and they will then schedule her for an interview and that's where they will grab her and place her in deportation proceedings. The good thing is that the longer it takes, the more roots she places here in the U.S. and the more it will hurt once she is finally deported, and permanently as well because that is one of the worst things that one can do in U.S. immigration law.


Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you sir for your prompt reply. The information you gave me is something I have already knew and have already done. Her plan is to divorce me and then marry another man who is like me a US Citizen to stay in this country. She has 1 year to be seperated from me and then she can file for divorce. Should I initiate the divorce first or let her do it? And the only grounds I think I can do is Desertion but that is 1 year seperation since we have no children together. And am I allowed to move on with my life and find happiness while I am still married to her? I do not know what steps to take. I worked so hard in bringing her here but never would have thought a girl from my own family would ever succumb to something this low. She will most likley try to claim abuse, and that will be false. No police have ever been called and she always had access to a phone. She is on a Conditional Greencard Status. And I do not plan to sign it for it to be removed. But the divorce may enable her to do so. I need a way to fight legally and want her out of our country. She had no right to pretend she had entered this marriage in good faith when she didn't. Her hidden agenda finally came out when she went to Pakistan and then came back without my knowledge and to someone else. And this other guy she is seeing (from NY) is under the radar. Her aunt had it all setup for her. They know how to work our loophols in the US Immigration Laws so she has a lot of people who have given her direction and advice. It is sad

It doesn't matter who initiates the divorce. That isn't proof of anything either way. What matters to get her deported is getting together as much evidence as you can that she only married you for the green card. Here's a good link as far as the grounds for a divorce that I found:


If you move to a no-fault divorce state, like Florida, you won't need any reason to divorce, but you would have to be in the state at least 6 months before you could file. I really feel your situation and it makes me mad as well. It's one of the things in U.S. immigration law that really upsets me. I wish there was a quicker way to get her deported, but unfortunately, it will take time and evidence. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. Thank you.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will defenatly have additional questions and thank you very much sir for your input. If you are able to practice in Maryland, then I want to hire you. Let me know if this is possible, and or even pay you to help me right a letter to withdrawl my sponsorship. Please let me know what you think. Excellent service and understanding you provided to me sir. Thank you

I can practice U.S. immigration law anywhere in the world and I have represented clients all over the place, but I would get in trouble with this website if I contacted you directly. I am truly sorry, but you can look for an attorney at
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sir, I have one more question to ask you. Her and I were married over the phone religiously, which I recieved a marriage certificate. I never filed with the state because I didnt know if the US would accept something like this. Plus she never signed it because she was in a different country. But her country and by religious law it was accept and she was legally my wife by religious law. Will that hurt me? Her family made us do a second marriage in her country which I declined but was manipulated to do so.

No, that should not matter. If the end result was fake, then she should not be able to get a benefit from it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You are fantastic sir. I have an immigration Appt on the 24th. Please pray that I win this battle. And speaking to another attorney I will be divorcing under the grounds of desertion. Also I want to inform you that fraud is mostly reported through ICE but some regulations have changed. Marriage fraud needs to be reported to USCIS by phone and by email. and a month later they will assign you a case number. Then other tips for the case will be added to USCIS to investigate. Its a unprofessional process but thta is what I had to do in order to get a case against her. Again thank you so much for your reply in this matter sir. Have a wonderful night. God I wish you were my laywer. :)


Thank you for the update. I sincerely wish you good luck!