How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 29021
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brothers wife won dv-2012. On December 2012 he had interview

This answer was rated:

My brother’s wife won dv-2012. On December 2012 he had interview with husband and with 3 kids. All kids are under age. They were denied for visa under section 212(a)(5) (A) of immigration law, as it stated at denial letter. The reason as consular said, was that kids were not at the application. Kida name and date of birth were not entered the time of DV entry.
I filled application for them all, it was my negligence not to put the children.
Q: Do my brother have a second chance for the interview. How to start appeal.
Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.
No there is no option now for the children to be derivative beneficiaries.
However your brother and his wife should still come because under the new immigration law the children will be able to immigrate immediately as immediate relatives.
So if someone can take care of them for 6-8 months as soon as the mother and father get here they would then file the petitions for the children.
One parent could go home for 3-4 months to care for them, then the other could take a turn going home to care for them.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The problem is how to get next eppointment with council. It right they can come if they can get a visa. For to get the visa, they should get set an appointment for the interview at the us embassy.


Perpose of my quistion was how to get an appointment.

How to persuate council to give one.


We called Kentuky DV Center they said they have nothing to do with the embassy appointment.



Get an appointment for parents or children?



Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For perents?

They want to get visa come to States, then as you suggested we can bring the children legally,


Now, we need to get new appointment for perents to get visa.


Just for parents

YOu need to contact the immigrant visa section and tell them that you want to proceed with immigrating without the children.

What consulate/embassy?


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It's US Embassy in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.



The need to contact the Immigrant Visa section.

Please the embassy case number XXXXX the subject line

Request an interview and explain that the children will remain behind.

The Consular Section's telephone numbers:

Immigrant Visas: (+99871)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Consular Section Fax: (+99871)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Immigrant Visa Unit E-mail address: [email protected]



Judith Ludwic and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you