How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Georgetown Lawyer Your Own Question
Georgetown Lawyer
Georgetown Lawyer, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12049
Experience:  10+ years of Immigration Experience in All Areas A-Z complex immigration cases & issues in all areas
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Georgetown Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello. I came to the US on K-1 visa in august 2009 and have

This answer was rated:

Hello. I came to the US on K-1 visa in august 2009 and have been married to a US citizen since september 2009. Our marriage took place in the US. We are still married but my concern is that it is not working out...I have to file I-751 here soon to remove my conditions. Will they not approve my petition to remove conditions and deport me if we file for divorce prior or after i file I-751 form? Thank you.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you. If there is a delay in my reply, I am helping others but WILL reply to you asap. Thanks for your patience....You can simply file an I-751 waiver. This will allow you to remove the conditions on your own without him but you need to be divorced to file it. All you need to do is show it was a true marriage and it ended in divorce. It is unlikely you would face deportation because you divorce. Here is a link to an outline of the I-751 waiver to help you understand it better:

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked. Positive feedback is also appreciated, if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is not required. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice. If you specifically want me to answer a future question put “FOR GEORGETOWN LAWYER” in the subject line and I will reply asap.
Georgetown Lawyer and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you