Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

How long it takes for getting the LABOR CERTIFICATION(PERM)

How long it takes for getting the LABOR CERTIFICATION(PERM) approved in a green card process ?
If the filing of the PERM is under EB2 category , will there be any chance of getting the approval still earlier than the PERM under EB3 category ?
If the PERM is already approved under EB3 category and also I-140 approved , and if it is applied for PERM under EB2 category, is there any chance of getting quickly ?
Please answer these questions. Thanks.

Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions

Approx 70% of EB2 are going to audit which takes 2 years.

If you don't get audited it will take 6 months or less.

Appros 40% of EB3 are audited.

If you don't get audited it will take 6 months.

It is a crap shoot. You simply don't know if you will be audited or not but those are the stats.

Judith

If I answered your question please leave rating, if I earned a BONUS, it is appreciated.

Please
feel free to ask me another question with a new thread - if you're a
subscriber, you can do so at no additional cost beyond your monthly
payment. You can bookmark my profile page here so you can come back and
ask me a question anytime: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-askimmigrationlaw/

If you want to request me in the future start your question "FOR JUDITH" and I will answer quickly.

The
information provided is general in nature and should not be construed
as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The
information given by me is for informational/research use only and you
are paying me only for such information. The information contained
herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely
on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a
traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in
the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide
quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about
the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in
or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving
any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege
concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is meant by auditing and why it takes so long to get approval ?
Here is a very good link to what audit and supervised recruitment it involves.
http://www.ilw.com/articles/2012,0510-murthy.shtm

It is too complex to explain in few words here.

Judith

Please feel free to ask me another question with a new thread – if you’re a subscriber, you can do so at no additional cost beyond your monthly payment. You can bookmark my profile page here so you can come back and ask me a question anytime: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-askimmigrationlaw/

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.