Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I have a delayed birth certificate

and cannot get a passport...
I have a delayed birth certificate and cannot get a passport because the State says that there is conflicting record In the USA and Mexico. I did a search for Birth Certificate in Mexico and did not find one. I have a New Mexico delayed Birth Certificate. The have instructed me to go see the naturalization immigration. But I am already an American Citizen. I do not know what to do plea.se help me. Joe XXXXXXX for Alma XXXXX
7/6/2012
Fran-mod
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

I am terribly sorry I had to get off the computer all of a sudden yesterday. But, Yes please give me and answer to my question How can Alma XXXXXX get her passport. I have tried everything How can you naturalize a person who was born in the United States. Please do not post this on the website since I have included our names.

I will wait for and answer. Thank you

Joe XXXXXXX

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Thank You i will be waiting for and answer

Joe

usaimmigrationinfo
usaimmigrationinfo, Immigration Lawyer

Hi, Joe, my name is Kim & I will be happy to answer your question.

I have a few questions for you.

1)How old are you?

2)What additional secondary documentation did you provide when you applied for your birth certificate?

3)How long after your birth was teh delayed birth certificate issued?

Thanks,

Kim

Hi I am 64 yrs old but I don't need a passport for myself I am helping my friend. I provided my friends Baptismal certificate from a catholic church that states she was born in New Mexico. A birth certificate of one of her sons that states that she was born in New Mexico. A letter from a school in Mexico that states that she was born in New Mexico. A seach of records for a Mexican birth certificate that show none was found yet the National Visa Center aledges that there is a conflicting mexican birth certificate but will not tell us how to obtain it. They say they have evidence of said mexican birth certificate. We could not find one. What do you suggest we do. We aquired a Delayed birth certificate for her with there instruction so that she could get a passport. We get the delayed birth certificate I believe it is 29 years after her birth. but the baptisma certificate was within a year of her birth.

Joe Robledo

Thank you for the information.

What is her birth date?

What city/ county and state was she born in?

Was she born at home or in a hospital? Was there ever a birth announcement in the newspaper?

thanks,

Kim

Relist: No answer yet. I didn't have a chance to response and I have not been given a final answer and I was charge before i was satisfied with the answer. Joe

Hi Joe,

I didn't post an answer to your question because I was asking for additional information.

I was asking about her birthdate to see if a possible birth announcement was in a local newspaper or if she was listed on a census. I am trying to find ways for you to look into proving she was born in the US.

What is her birth date?

Was she born at home or in a hospital?

thanks,

Kim

Her birth date is October 4 1975.

Born in Artesia Eddy County State of New Mexico

Baptized Jan 9, 1977 it states that she was born in New Mexico.

I have provided the State Department with two signed affidavits by her mother and father

Affidavit of two two people that baptized her

Prepared D-10 notarized forms of blood relatives of her generation older birth affidavit

the certified birth certificate and what we used to create the delayed birth certificate we have given them everyting they have asked for but they say that a birth certificate exits in Mexico that conflicts with her being born in New Mexico we did a search of a birth certificate in Mexico and supplied them with the document also and they still say that she cannot get a passport. She does not know or ever seen a mexican birth certificate in her name. The State department state there is one but they will not supply a copy or in what book or volume it is in so that we can request it if is does exits which I dought.

Joe

Please acknowledge reciept of the reply

I received your reply, however, I was not online after 9PM because I was preparing for bed.

You stated above that the State department will not tell you about or provide the birth certificate they claim was issued in Mexico.

Have you tried filing a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request yet to demand that the State Department provide the information? Here is the link for the FOIA.

http://foia.state.gov/foiareq/foialetter.asp

Here is information about FOIA requests. Passport applications fall under requests for personal information. So, she will need to send a notarized statement saying she is requesting her own information.

Please see page 11 specifically.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/128321.pdf

I hope this helps.

usaimmigrationinfo
usaimmigrationinfo, Immigration Lawyer

Thank you I will fill out an FOIA and demand the information. Thank you I will get back with you to let you know the outcome. She recieve a phone call from the State Dept and was told that she was not going to be issue a passport because of the discrepency but that she would not get it in writing. She was told to contact USCIS to become naturalized and she told them she was already a Citizen of the United States of America, They also told her that there was no way she would get a Passport that no Attorney or anybody would get her a passport that she was just wasting her time and money lucky for her she is not being charged for service she is my friend and I just do this because I want to help her.

Joe Robledo

Your welcome, Joe. I hope this helps. Let me know how it works out.

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. If I have then please click Accept and rate my service. If you need more information, please click "Continue Conversation" or "Reply" instead of "poor service" or "bad service." Those options give me a negative rating but do not indicate to me that you need additional information or have a follow up question. If you do have a follow up question or need additional information, I will be happy to provide it to you.

Best regards,

Kim

usaimmigrationinfo
usaimmigrationinfo
usaimmigrationinfo, Immigration Lawyer