How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Georgetown Lawyer Your Own Question
Georgetown Lawyer
Georgetown Lawyer, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12049
Experience:  10+ years of Immigration Experience in All Areas A-Z complex immigration cases & issues in all areas
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Georgetown Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

will i get the green card after marriage to US citizen if i

This answer was rated:

will i get the green card after marriage to US citizen if i work illegally currently?
Thank you for allowing me to assist you. If there is a delay in my reply, I am helping others but WILL reply to you asap. Thanks for your patience....did you enter the u.s. with a visa? if so what kind of visa? when did you enter the u.s.??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your fast response. Yes, i have entered on visitor visa (valid for 3 months). I have overstayed for about 13 months and I have been working on and off since. Now, im married and ready to apply for green card. I dont know if its ok to keep working while Im filling out my paperwork and waiting fro green card.....
typically working without authorization is forgiven if a u.s. citizen spouse is applying for your green card. I have had many clients in the same situation and the green card was never denied because they worked without authorization. I hope this helps clarify.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked. Positive feedback is also appreciated, if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is not required. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice. If you specifically want me to answer a future question put “FOR GEORGETOWN LAWYER” in the subject line and I will reply asap.
Georgetown Lawyer and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you