How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Georgetown Lawyer Your Own Question
Georgetown Lawyer
Georgetown Lawyer, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12049
Experience:  10+ years of Immigration Experience in All Areas A-Z complex immigration cases & issues in all areas
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Georgetown Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I withdraw my affidavit of support I-134 for a person

Resolved Question:

How do I withdraw my affidavit of support I-134 for a person who already has B2 visa, originally via my support.
She received a multiple entry B2 visa into US a few years ago, which is still valid. However, this the time the situation has changed that in that I do not wish to be responsible for her expenses and support. How do I withdraw my support, so she is required to provide alternate support at the port of entry into US; and further, I am not implicitly assumed to be the expenses sponsor.

Thank you
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Georgetown Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you. If there is a delay in my reply, I am helping others but WILL reply to you asap. Thanks for your's difficult to withdraw support but you can try writing the u.s. embassy that issued the b2 visa and customs and border patrol at the port of entry the person enters the u.s. at. they will then decide whether to revoke the b2 or not. I hope this helps clarify.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work (as you would like to receive credit for your work). Positive feedback is also appreciated, if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is not required. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice. If you specifically want me to answer a future question put “FOR GEORGETOWN LAWYER” in the subject line and I will reply asap.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the initial response. What is the USCIS form to be used for contacting the embassy and the port of entry? Who do we address the letter to? Has anyone ever done this in the past with any measurable success? Or is this just a good guess?

thank you,
Expert:  Georgetown Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
there is no form. you write a letter and no one can guarantee you that will do anything. there is no specific person to address the letter to, you address it to the department. I have not seen anyone withdraw support before once the visa is issued and the person has not violated any immigration laws. they advise people to not file support forms if they do not understand the seriousness of it, for this very reason. So as I said, you can try but there are no guarantees.

Thanks and please be sure to click ACCEPT so that I may be given credit for my time and answers. Clicking ACCEPT does not close the question or charge you anything more and motivates experts to continue to answer your future questions. Best regards.
Georgetown Lawyer and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you