Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

How long does it take to process an I-131 Re-entry permit for

How long does it take to process an I-131 Re-entry permit for a US Permanent Resident? I am traveling to Mexico (Cabo San Lucas) near the end of May and I need to apply for my travel document. I just want to make sure that if I apply immediately (by April 1st) what are my chances of having everything approved by May 20th? I don't have a passport and only have a Permanent Resident card from the US. I was born in Iran and have lived in the states for most of my life. If possible, I would appreciate help from anyone. Thank you.

Also, would I be able to apply for expedited processing? It's for a bachelor party so I doubt it...but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thank you in advance.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

It can be done in a month to 3 months, but no guarantees. You can look at this link to try to have to expedited:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=16a6b1be1ce85210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I would be happy to answer them for you without additional charge, if not, please do not forget to click ACCEPT. I am not paid a salary. Clicking accept is the only way that I can get paid for helping you. When you click accept, you are not charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. If there is a delay in getting back to you it is either because I am answering other questions or I had to log off, but I will be back with you as soon as possible. If you would like to request me in the future, just put my name on the subject line. Positive feedback for my service to you (not the state of the law as it is) is always appreciated as well as any bonus if you think I deserve it. Thank you.