How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wilton A. Person Your Own Question
Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4147
Experience:  Knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Wilton A. Person is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 73 year old women and want to apply for US Citizenship

Resolved Question:

I am 73 year old women and want to apply for US Citizenship I have been a permanet residence since dec 1 1990
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Wilton A. Person replied 5 years ago.

You would be exempt from the English exam based upon your age and having been a lawful permanent resident for at least 15 years.


However, you would only be exempt from the Civics test based upon a physical or developmental disability or mental impairment and the completion of USCIS for N-648 by a licensed physician.


Please find the link to the with detailed information with respect to exceptions/waivers to the English exam and Civics Test.






Wilton A. Person and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions