Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I have n 336 interview nets week, they will revoke my green

Customer Question
card if I am not...
I have n 336 interview nets week, they will revoke my green card if I am not approve for the interview?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
10/21/2011
Immigration Lawyer: Wilton A. Person, Immigration Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person, Immigration Lawyer
Why were you initially denied US citizenship?
I have 3 shopping lifting 10 years ago, and when I apply green card , my friend did the application for me .she did not mention about my criminal record, and I also tried to hued them too because I was ambarass. That why they said I lied when I apply the green card, but I claim all my cases when I apply for the citizenship , so I do not l know what can I do now

Were the shoplifting incidents based upon three distinct convictions, i.e three different time periods, or did the incidents arise from one incident?

3 different one over ten years now,
And can I come to the n336 interview by myself because I can 't afford for the lawyer, and what should I say in the interview, do they will deport me ? Please helpme?

Thank you for your response. You were wise to disclose all of the immigration convictions on your N-400 application as that at least shows good faith on your part to tell the truth.

One critical issue is that two or more immigration convictions for crimes involving moral turpitude, i.e., the shoplifting convictions are grounds for removal or deportation from the United States as well as the fact that you misrepresented material infomation to actually receive your green card. To that extent, it is certainly possible that your green card could be revoked.

You can attend the N-336 hearing without an attorney but unless you have a very solid legal basis that you should be granted your citizenship over the denial based upon the good moral character requirement or that you were you issued a benefit that you did not qualify to receive depending on when the shoplifting incidents occurred, it may be better for you to keep a low profile with USCIS and hope that your matter is not referred to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

On the other hand, you may attend the interview but you may wish to retain an immigration attorney on a reduced fee who receives referrals from immigration legal clinics in your area as it is unlikely, but possible, that you will be detained at the interview.

But why they did not revoke my green card when I got the citizenship interview?
But why they did not revoke my green card when I got the citizenship interview?How can I keep the lower profile with the uscis ? Thanks

The USCIS officer who interviewed you may have decided not to refer your case or proceed with taking any action against your green card. Simply because there a chance that your green card could be revoked does not necessarily mean that USCIS will proceed with such an action.

Keeping a lower profile may mean waiting more time to apply and/or retaining an immigration attorney if you decide to proceed forward. The more attention that is brought to how you received your green card may place the officer who did not refer your case to Immigration Customs and Enforcement in a position where he or she will not be able to look the other away as the Hearings and Appeals are reviewed by higher level officials than a simple denial.

Nevertheless, it is your decision as to how you wish to proceed.

Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person, Immigration Lawyer
So what can I do now?

You can continue to use your green card with respect to employment, attending school, etc. What is your specific question?

i mean i will have n336 interview next week? what shouid i do if they deny me again? the will revoke my green card on that day too?, and what should i do on that day?

If your citizenship is denied at the hearing, you may choose to simply remain a lawful permanent resident because there is no way to change your record. However, as long as you have a green card, you can still work lawfully and have legal status in the United States which is not the worse condition in the United States.

There is not much more you can do other than tell the truth. You may wish to consult with an immigration legal clinic in your area.

U mean I just tell the uscis I want to choose to be a resident, they will not take my green card?
the big thing i just worry if they will revoke my green caard,then deport me? thanks for your time a lot.

No, the USCIS officer probably granted you a pass to simply remain a lawful permanent resident. The more you push the envelope, i.e. reapplying for citizenship, etc. to attempt to gain citizenship, the greater chance that the officer will not be able to ignore the fact you obtained your green card by failing to disclose information about conviction in which other persons have been deported.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do now about the decision that you made ten years ago and there is no guarantee that you will be deported or not be deported.

Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person, Immigration Lawyer
u thin k i should have the lawer? it cost me alot. i can not afford .
Yes. There are many immigration legal clinics throughout the United States in which attorneys work on a reduced fee and are actually concerned about their clients.
Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person, Immigration Lawyer