Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Is there a BTA law in Nigeria For US Citizens or is that B

Customer Question
ogus...
Is there a BTA law in Nigeria For US Citizens or is that B ogus
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
5/18/2011
Immigration Lawyer: Georgetown Lawyer, Immigration Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Georgetown Lawyer
Georgetown Lawyer, Immigration Lawyer
Thank you for allowing me to assist you. If there is a delay in my reply, I am helping others but WILL reply to you asap. Thanks for your patience.....have you met this person before or just online?

No Online she is an American Citizen I know that for Sure has a US passport , and Valid ID , US Immigration in Nigeria Won't Help her, She was in an accident that I Know For sure from the Surgeon That I checked out and the hospital that checked out , her purse and belonging stolen at the scene , needed surgery , an officer at the airport had agreed to $150.00 BTA from a $1000.00 to let her go now they want a 1000.00 or else they wont let her go I ask her to call interpol she is afraid for her life that might rape her as she no one else and went to claim her fathers assets from the lawyer there that gave her a hard time as well. Question is if she is leaving the country why does she need to have money on hand she is coming to CALIF to Me and I will Hire Her as she is a CPA and worked for her fathers construction Company here in OHIO. She Owns a home in Ohio and several Cars

I will pay whatever it takes to get her out but not to the Nigerians

thanks

Steve

Steve, do you know I have heard this story too many times to count? u.s. citizen in some foreign country, normally Africa and has an accident on the way to the airport, wallet stolen, etc. there is no such thing as a BTA and I'm sorry Steve but this is a scam. I am sure the records all look real and you spoke to people, etc or they gave you names of real people that you could check out but none of it is real and you should not send any money to anyone. I do not mean to talk bad about anyone you care about but I can only tell you my experience and knowledge and you can be your own judge.

Unfortunately, this question is now appearing daily on this site. It always involves someone in Africa, the UK, Russia, ...fill in the country, claiming that they have to pay a BTA or some travel allowance or need some money to have on them to come to the u.s. There is no such requirement and it is a big scam. So please do not send any money. I do not care how believable this person seems, there is no such requirement.
Beware of anyone who requests funds for a BTA, or Basic Travel Allowance, as a requirement to depart another country for the United States. There is no such thing as a BTA. In other cases, your Internet friend will claim to need a travel allowance, or travel money, to be able to travel to the United States. Again, there is no such requirement under U.S. law.

Here is a link to one of the u.s. embassy web sites on this issue:
http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/acs/scs/internet_scams.html

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work (as you would like to receive credit for your work). Positive feedback is also appreciated, if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is not required. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice. If you specifically want me to answer a future question put “FOR GEORGETOWN LAWYER” in the subject line and I will reply asap.
Georgetown Lawyer
Georgetown Lawyer, Immigration Lawyer

Thank You for Clarifying this.

Steve Shayan

You're welcome Steve and thanks for not getting mad at me. :)
Georgetown Lawyer
Georgetown Lawyer
Georgetown Lawyer, Immigration Lawyer