How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is the form N-643K available I am helping my sister-in-law

Customer Question

Is the form N-643K available? I am helping my sister-in-law try to gain citizenship for a child she adoped from China in 1998. Although they have lived in the US since that time, she was never given citizenship. She attends school and is now 15. What forms do we need to file?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Georgetown Lawyer replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you. If there is a delay in my reply, I am helping others but WILL reply to you asap. Thanks for your patience....did the child enter the u.s. with a green card? where did you hear about N-643k???
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am not sure, but I can find out about the green card. I found out about that form from googling. I believe it may be obsolete because I could not find it on the uscis website. It will be tomorrow before I can find out about the green card. Thanks!
Expert:  Georgetown Lawyer replied 6 years ago.
no problem, this question stays open , so just let me know when you find out...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Good morning. I talked with sister-in-law and no the child was not issued a green card. Where do we go from here?
Expert:  Georgetown Lawyer replied 6 years ago.
so then how did the child enter the u.s.? in what status? what kind of visa??