How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wilton A. Person Your Own Question
Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4147
Experience:  Knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Wilton A. Person is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On form I-90, what is Class of Admission and Date of Adm

Resolved Question:

On form I-90, what is "Class of Admission"? and "Date of Admission"?
I am a Permanent Resident who needs to renew Green Card for the second time. I originally came to US as a Visitor. I have been a Conditional Permanent Resident and am now a Permanent Resident.
My Permanent Resident card states Resident since 05/12/88

Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Wilton A. Person replied 6 years ago.
On form I-90, your Class of Admission would be B-2 Tourist Visa and your Date of Admission would be the date that your originally entered the United States as a tourist.

Edited by Wilton A. Person on 10/6/2010 at 1:43 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your answer.

However I think I neglected to inform you that I visited the country as far back as 1981 as a tourist and made several visits before I started the process to become a conditional/ permanent resident.

Do I still use the first time I ever visited the US as my date of admission?

Also, I am applying online to renew my resident card but there is limited space to enter the class of admission, Would I just enter B2? or whatever code is the correct one?

Expert:  Wilton A. Person replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your response.

Yes, you would use the first time that you visited the US as your Date of Admission.


You would simply enter B2 as the Code.

Wilton A. Person and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions