How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Georgetown Lawyer Your Own Question
Georgetown Lawyer
Georgetown Lawyer, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12049
Experience:  10+ years of Immigration Experience in All Areas A-Z complex immigration cases & issues in all areas
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Georgetown Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can you work on a visa 14 in kuwait

Customer Question

can you work on a visa 14 in kuwait
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Georgetown Lawyer replied 7 years ago.
Temporary Residence
Expatriate may be granted temporary residence under article 14 in special cases where they do not need or cannot get ordinary residence. This allows for a stay for up to a year, Formerly only given to visitors with personal emergencies, such as illness, Western businessmen seem to obtain temporary residence without difficulty. Recently the Immigration Department has been granting two or three-month temporary residence to the immeigratiate relatives (Father, Mother, Sister, but not Brothers) of residents, whose visit visa have expired.
Temporary residence may also be given to expatriates who have resigned but who need to remain in Kuwait for some time in order to settle their financial affairs or a court case.
The cost is KD 10 A temporary residence is canceled if the holder leaves the country.

Hope this helps. Please click "accept". i will be happy to reply to any follow up question at no added cost to you. Thanks and best regards.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i need to know if you can work on a visa 14 in kuwait please
Expert:  Georgetown Lawyer replied 7 years ago.
From what I have read it is just a visitors visa so no you cannot. You would need a visa 18 sponsored by an employer or company. Please click 'accept'. I will still be happy to reply to any follow up at no extra cost. Thanks and best regards.