How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108663
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am filling out form I-130 and I-465 for my wife, and we havent

This answer was rated:

I am filling out form I-130 and I-465 for my wife, and we haven't changed her name on her SS card or her Taiwanese Passport. I am wondering if she can use my last name on the forms, since we are sending them our marriage certificate?
Yes, she can. She would put her former name in the sections on the form for "other names used". After she gets her work permit or the Residency, then she may be able to change the SS card if she wants. She may be able to change her Taiwanese passport now with the marriage certificate, but it is not necessary.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions