Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

MY SON IS A US CITIZEN MARRIED TO A RUSSIAN WOMAN IN THE US…

Customer Question
MY SON IS A US...
MY SON IS A US CITIZEN MARRIED TO A RUSSIAN WOMAN IN THE US LEGALLY, HAS TO TRAVEL TO RUSSIA FOR COMPASSION REASONS, MOTHER'S ILLNESS, SHE IS TRAVELLING ON A CERT ISSUED AT RUSSIAN CONSULATE IN N.Y(HER PASSPORT HAS EXPIRED) CAN SHE COME BACK TO THE US ON HER GREEN CARD, PERMANT RESIDENT CARD, AND SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, I AM ANXIUOS TO KNOW IF SHE WILL HAVE A PROBLEM RETURNING. THANKS S.D
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

She has to have a valid passport to board a flight and enter the US with her alien resident card.

The travel certificate she got from the consulate in NY may allow her to enter Russia as a citizen of Russia, but she is not a citizen of the US so she needs her passport on the return.

Judith

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims,

promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

If I answered your question and you agree with the above, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.

I WOULD LIKE A SECOND OPINION ON THIS SITUATION. THANKS S.D
I WOULD LIKE AN OTHER OPINION IN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION