Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

L1A visa application and a newly registered business in te…

Customer Question
Fluorescence Interactive is a private...
Fluorescence Interactive is a private company based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Our core service offering include website development and design. Fluorescence has been servicing one of the largest PEO companies in the US named Administaff, based in Kingwood - Texas for the last 3 years.

We recently sent an employee (iLine Visagie) from our South African company to Texas to assist in development and deployment of the project. She had to come back after 6 months, when she returned for another 6 months, she was stopped at customs, something about only allowed to do 2 weeks of employment for 6 months of travel. She was deported after two weeks. We were in the process of setting up a new company there in Texas. We've just registered a new company in Texas, a LLC company, where the owner is a South African private company (Fluorescence propriety limited company) where iLine is the governing person of the newly registered company. We have offices with telephone and faxed services in Texas already, only awaiting iLine's visa and return to start the business. Now to get iLine a L1A visa we get a lot of mixed signals of the process to follow and documents to complete and things to prepare and so on…
We need the newly registered company to petition iLine's application for the visa. So we need to know the process involved getting the L1A visa. This include a step by step process from A to Z: where to go and what to do, what forms to fill in, where to get the forms, what not to do when filling in the forms, what needs to accommodate these forms, what format must addendum documents be in (such as business plans) minimum requirements for all the applications, costs involve and urgent applications, timeliness and when to do what. This is very urgent!
Advice we've received from the consulate general here is that the USA newly registered company must register the employees of the company at the Labor department in the USA, and then get a I-797 form, make an appointment here in South Africa for the application and upon success iLine will get the visa. Not sure if the owner, a company can register at the labor department there and so on.
Advice from the USA clients, we fill in a I-129 form, await the I-797 form and apply for the visa here in South Africa. I'm not sure if we are skipping steps here.
Please advise urgently.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/29/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

I am willing to give you what you are asking but the time commitment makes your value placed too low.

I would suggest this is worth 3xs your value.

Are you willing to increase?

Judith