Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have asylum case 7 years now and right now the case is close…

Customer Question
I have asylum case 7...
I have asylum case 7 years now and right now the case is close administrative
what can I do
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/29/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney
Did you win asylum or it has been pending for 7 years and then denied?

hi
I did'nt win asylum it has benn pending for 7 years because they are waiting for the result for a forencic for all the proufes I provide for my case they did'nt denied the close the case administrative .The gorvement attorney don't want to let the juge to finish white my case tha why he close the case.
And I try to renew my working permit but I still waitting
Unfortunately, if the case was closed, your asylum is no longer pending. If it is no longer pending, you cannot renew your work permit. If it is pending, you have to submit evidence that it is pending. If you have an I-485 pending through something else such as marriage to a U.S. Citizen, then you would have to submit evidence that that is still pending.