Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have brought my wife from india and she got adjustment of…

I have brought my wife...
I have brought my wife from india and she got adjustment of status in nov.2008. I and my parents dis lot of work for her visa and helped her settle here.However she has been axtremely verbally abusive and is moving out soon to live by herself. She also got apermanent job a month ago .Can I invalidate the visa and send her back if she does not inprove? Thanks-Bhat
6/28/2010
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello Bhat,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Has the PETITION FOR REMOVAL OF CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE been filed yet?

No
While you can't invalidate the visa, you can divorce her. Without the petition having been approved, her visa will cancel out automatically and she'll have to leave. She can always try to file it herself, but the chances of it being approved w/o your signature are 50/50.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Ely, Counselor at Law
Per your feedback, what did you want to know about the one year sep?