Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My brother came to the united states on visa waiver after 5…

Customer Question
My brother came to the...
My brother came to the united states on visa waiver after 5 years and he overstayed 2 years from 2003-2005 and when the immigration officer asked him about it, he got confused said he was not here, after that he told them the truth and appoligized and I opplogized as well when the immigration officer calledme. he is still at the airport and they are deprting hin this evening ( 6 pm) is there anyway I can help him stay here for a month. I am also ready t pay some fees if posible.. please help me out!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/27/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

By law if he overstayed 2 years he is not allowed back into the US for 10 years.

There is no fine or penalty that will allow him to be admitted.

He will not be allowed back after his deportation for 10 years. If they also deny him admittance for lying about his overstay then that will bar him permanently from coming back.

Judith

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims,

promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

If I answered your question and you agree with the above, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.