Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

As a petitioner for my spouse I received a notice of denial…

Customer Question
As a petitioner for my...
As a petitioner for my spouse I received a notice of denial due to a finding that INS found of a Marriage Certificate on my spouse that was not aware of an existance and due to limited time to rebuttle and if we decide to rectify the problem, by filing an appeal, will they give us more time or is it useless to appeal due the fact the nature via mail.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/26/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

If your spouse has rebuttal evidence that he was not able to provide CIS before the denial but which he has now you will need to appeal. There is no option other than that.

The lawyer gave you correct advice and I would recommend your husband have an attorney in this because it can be as you said, very complex.

Judith

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims,

promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

If I answered your question and you agree with the above, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.