Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

How to do consular processing if you can tell me which form…

How to do consular processing...
How to do consular processing if you can tell me which form to be filled and where to summit them.Do you send I-130 along with I-864 in the same package at the same time. I am sponsoring my wife abroad
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/24/2010
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

You're trying to file the I-130 and all its documents, right?

I prepared I-130 and G-325. but I was told that if your wife lives in another country than I should do consular processing which I do not know how to start with which forms to fill. Also if its difficult than I will just do than way I was doing before as i already done with the paper work only I want to know that should I send I-864 along with the I-130 or to send it later.

You send it ALL together. You file the following documents with USCIS. Processing time is about six months, but can take up to a year a a half, so you'd have to be patient.

*I-130 Petition For Alien Relative

This petition lets USCIS know of your marriage to the alien. Link:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=c67c7f9ded54d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

After the departure, file, and then USCIS will process the application and send it to the US Consulate in the home country which will request an interview. Assuming everything goes okay, a greencard will then be issued as a visa. Below is a SAMPLE list of what will be needed to file for the petition

I-130
Petitioner
___Copy of Birth Certificate / Copy of Naturalization Certificate / Copy of Passport
___Copy of Marriage Certificate
___Photo of Petitioner
___G-325A

Alien
___Photo of Alien with Name and Alien Number on Back
___G-325A

Additional Proof (as much of the following items as possible):
___Documentation showing joint ownership of property
___Lease
___Comingling of financial resources
___Affidavits by third parties (name, DOB, adrs, and relationship to husband/wife

___Affidavit of Support (Form I-864)
___ A photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax return for your most recent tax year, including W-2s.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Ely, Counselor at Law
question for Eli, when i do for my stepsons than i need to send all the papers again seperatly and can I mail all the family documents in one packet
You mean that they are her children living with her at the moment?

yes and i am filling for them as well

You send it all TOGETHER, just make sure to have a clear table of contests and have everything neat and organizable.

Ely, Counselor at Law

Can I mail all the I-130 of my wife and sons in the same envelop and should I send I-864 now or later when its asked

You send it ALL together.

Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello my friend how long is approx processing time from canada as my spouse i am filing lives there
Its says file all the four pages of G-325A with I-130 although its only 2pages out of which one is a form to be filled and other is just instructions paper. where r the 4 pages comes from
Hello again,If you're a US Citizen, the wait time is about 6 months. If you're a legally permanent resident, the wait time is about 1.5 years.it USED to be that they had 3-4 copies of the G-325A, but now only one is used. Just fill out what is there and send if off, it'll be enough. :)