Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Hello, Im an English Seaman and have been living in France…

Customer Question
Hello, I'm an English Seaman...
Hello, I'm an English Seaman and have been living in France for last 3 years.
I recently received a 3 year suspended sentence for Voluntary violence causing death without intention. I can't believe that I was convicted as it was widely know that there was no conclusive evidence that I was responsible. ( another story) I am free to do as I please and I did not have any jail time.

I am worried because my career takes me to the US quite regularly on british flagged vessels and I'm afraid that I will not be eligible to renew my B1B2 visa or I will be refused entry. Is there anything I can do, is it possible for my case to be looked at individually? Am I screwed?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/24/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

There is no waiver for this ground of inadmissibility. This is a crime involving moral turpitude and as such it makes you inadmissible. You could be denied entry on your Visa into the US if your conviction becomes known to the US government. Your visa renewal will be denied when this one expires.

Judith

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims,

promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

If I answered your question and you agree with the above, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.