Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a permanent resident for a good period of time I got marry…

Customer Question
I am a permanent resident...
I am a permanent resident for a good period of time I got marry in Nicaragua two years ago and I am planning to apply for I-30 for mi wife and daughter who is five years old , but I have another daughter 12 years old from mi previous relation but I did not marry this lady . Can I apply for my oldest daughter for her permanent residente eventhough my actual wife is not her mother ?

What Do I have tod do in oder to apply for my oldes daughther also.

M.P
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/23/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

You have to be on her birth certificate.

You have to get a court order giving you full legal physical custody of the daughter.

You would then file an I-130 for the daughter.

Judith

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims,

promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

If I answered your question and you agree with the above, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.