Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

hi my name is khalid i live in Texas.i am married here with…

Customer Question
hi my name is XXXXX...
hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX live in Texas.i am married here with hispanic lady.have applied for my green card about 4 years ago.but dont know why they are keep it pending.i havent seen my family .i want to visit them in Pakistan.do you think i am eligible to apply for travel papers.?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/23/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

You cannot travel outside the country w/o a US TRAVEL PERMIT if you have an I-130/I-485 pending. If you do, your petitions will be nullified. See here for a travel application:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=b11747a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

yea my I-130 & I -485 both are pending dont know why?do you still think or if there is any law if i can go out of the country & see my family & come back in three weaks.

if yes then wat forms i would need ?

Four years is indeed too long. What you have to do is to set an InfoPass appointment with a local USCIS officer here...http://infopass.uscis.gov/...and find out if there is a problem or if they need more information. They may even have tried to get in touch with you but the mailing might have gotten lost.